Metro Manila mayors back removal of face shields

BY 03-042 · NOVEMBER 9, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Metro Manila mayors said on Monday that they were in favor of scrapping the use of face shields, except in hospitals and possibly even public utility vehicles, even as Malacañang stood firm that this requirement was still in place despite President Rodrigo Duterte’s categorical order last September to the contrary.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/?p=1512235#ixzz7BfsbUPO8
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on FacebookMetropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) and Metro Manila Council Chair Benhur Abalos said the 17 mayors of the capital region had unanimously voted to do away with the use of face shields, now that many residents in their areas have been vaccinated.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/?p=1512235#ixzz7BfsckIO4
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on FacebookAbalos also noted that the metropolis has recorded fewer COVID-19 cases in recent weeks.
“We will forward our official position to the IATF who will have the final say,” he said in a statement, referring to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.

In a separate interview with the Inquirer, Abalos said that while there had been many policies on the pandemic that had been delegated to the authority of local governments, the mayors would rather defer to the IATF with regard to the use of face shields.
“In case of doubt or if there is any gray area, we defer to the… IATF,” he said.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/?p=1512235#ixzz7BfsdmkZu
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *