No talks yet on Bongbong Marcos candidacy under PDP-Laban

Former Senator Ferdinand "BongBong" Marcos. Screengrab from Pandesal Forum
MANILA, Philippines — There are no talks yet, whether formal or informal, on the candidacy of former Senator Bongbong Marcos under the PDP-Laban, an official from a party faction said Monday.
The PDP-Laban group led by Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi said it has only so far received bits of information on possible meetings with the former senator but none had pushed through yet.


“Personally, I can tell na walang opisyal na pag-uusap. Mayroong mga nakakarating, mga pasabi pero ‘yung opisyal na pag-uusap, wala po,” PDP Laban Secretary General Melvin Matibag said in an online press briefing. 
(Personally, I can tell that there are no formal talks yet. There are some information that were relayed, but there is no formal talks yet.)

“May nakakarating, nagpapasabi pero wala pang natutuloy at walang formal discussion. Informal discussions wala rin, may nagpaparating ng usap,” he added.
(We receive messages about possible meeting but none had happened yet. There are likewise no informal discussions.)


Matibag said the political group is not yet looking at the possible run of Marcos under PDP-Laban because it is still focused on the Go-Duterte tandem it proclaimed earlier this month. 
However, Senator Bong Go has yet to accept the party’s nomination. 
Matibag said they are still waiting for Go’s final decision on the matter, saying the party is giving the senator enough time to decide. 
Matibag, in August, had said that the PDP-Laban is willing to have Marcos as a new party member. 
Marcos earlier said he is considering running for president in the 2022 elections.


You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *