Magnitude 5.7 earthquake off Occidental Mindoro jolts parts of Luzon
A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck off Looc, Occidental Mindoro, at 1:12 am on Monday, September 27.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) warned that damage and aftershocks are expected.
The following intensities were recorded:
Intensity IV (shaking is moderately strong, felt generally by people indoors and by some people outdoors)
- Calatagan, Lian, Lipa City, Malvar, and Nasugbu, Batangas
- Malolos City and Obando, Bulacan
- Cavite City, General Trias City, Naic, Amadeo, Bacoor City, Dasmariñas City, Tagaytay City, and Tanza, Cavite
- Biñan City and Cabuyao City, Laguna
- Las Piñas City, Malabon City, Mandaluyong City, City of Manila, Marikina City, Muntinlupa City, Parañaque City, San Juan City, Taguig City, and Pateros, Metro Manila
- Abra de Ilog, Looc, Lubang, and Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro
- Baco, Naujan, and Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro
- San Mateo and Taytay, Rizal
Intensity III (shaking is weak, but felt by many people indoors and some may experience dizziness or nausea)
- Santo Tomas, Batangas
- Makati City, Pasay City, Pasig City, Quezon City, and Valenzuela City, Metro Manila
- Antipolo City, Rizal
- Santa Cruz, Occidental Mindoro
- Socorro, Oriental Mindoro
Intensity II (shaking is slightly felt by few individuals at rest indoors)
- Los Baños, Laguna
- Palayan City, Nueva Ecija
Intensity I (shaking is scarcely perceptible)
- Arayat, Pampanga
Phivolcs said the earthquake was at a depth of 76 kilometers.
Moments after the tremor, Rappler followers in Metro Manila, Calabarzon, and Central Luzon had described the earthquake as strong.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage early Monday.